Friday, June 12, 2009

I love hippies.

I had the most wonderful, crazy, refreshing and eye opening experience last night.
 I was wonderful and refreshing because I have been so 'grown up' and 'mature' lately, that I actually forgot that I'm 18, and really, I shouldn't be trying to seem more stable so Ryan will stay with me. He should really be getting back to his roots and get out their, put himself in an uncomfortable situation to actually learn something from it. 
 Well, that's what I decided to do last night...

My friend Elliot (whom I haven't seen in quite some time due to his worldly adventures) has decided to go backpacking/hitch hiking across Australia. 
But since he's been back from Pakistan or where ever he was last, his current address since then is... house squatting in an abandoned building. This building used to be an old Jail/police station. But some asian corporate company has bought it since then, and they plan to knock it down some time next year to rebuild an apartment block.

So anyway, we went there as a farewell to Elliot and to paint the walls. 
 People were being held up-side-down so they'll be able to walk on the roof with paint on their feet. 
 So, I knew absolutely no one there, I took one friend with me, Sarah. She's the only person that's really open to anything, she doesn't care what people think of her. All she wants to do is enjoy life whilst she still has it.
 So, after getting to know some of the others, we all headed into the old Jail cell to sit down play the guitar and chat, one girl said she found an old Court Room, so we all decided to pack up and head to this place. 
It was massive! Some of us split up to go exploring, we went to the back rooms to look around. All of a sudden someone came running in saying, "Get out! Security guards are outside, there calling the cops! Run!"
We all ditched in different hallways, but there were no back doors, everyone managed to find a back window to jump out of, but I was in another room so I jumped out the window there, but managed to graze my entire back in the process. 

We were hiding out side for ages, waiting to hear what happened. 
 I found one of the guys, and he said that they're gone.
So we all went back to the original police station. But they hadn't left, they found the building we were in.
So we all hid in different areas or the premises, seeing torch lights through the windows and radios going off about different locations.  

Sarah and I had to get out of there! I don't know what they could have charged us with, but I couldn't risk it. I needed to get into nursing with a clean record. 

We found 3 other people near where we lived, so we found a way out, got into their Kombi van. Sarah and I were in the mattress in the back, whilst the others drove. 

As we were on the main road, a fuzz copter started to follow us, to be honest I have absolutely no idea why, but we had to lose them, so we went under a bridge, and turned around to find another way back.
We arrived at one of the guys houses, changed cars, so we wouldn't be picked up again, and went home safely. 
I have really missed being my age. 





4 comments:

Justthat. said...

This sounds like such an awesome night...I wish I was around...!!
I am truely jealous..

hope ya back is okies =]

sparklegreen said...

I love hippies too!!!

beckyannnnnnn said...

Aww yay! It actually does sound like super fun!
Even with the cop chase!
I'm glad you got to act 18 again!


<3<3

evanfrederickmacquarrie said...

this sounds gorgeous.

kind of real, you know?
A REAL EXPERIENCE.

/what i think everyone should aim for in their lives.

:)