I need to find where I belong.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Do know when you get that feeling? That horrible, lonely abandoned feeling where you're left feeling hollow and empty for a little while? Well I have that feeling, the best way I could possibly describe it is, like being an old, used hollow bone. The ones you find out in the bush somewhere. The type of bone you look at and think to yourself 'now, where is your home little one?'
Friday, February 19, 2010
Ah! I'm so excited! I got into my course! Conservation and Land Management, this will provide a stepping stone for me to get into Environmental Science! So I can save and protect the important things in life with my new found wealth of knowledge! Huzzah!
In other news, I'm learning to sew and I've finally sent off Karrens pretend birthday present... give it a few weeks Karren.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Is it just me or does St. Valentine's Day seem forced to you? Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful excuse to celebrate a new and/or happy relationships. But what about the 'it's... ok/mutual closeness because I'm used to being around you all the time' relationships, these are the forced relationships that cause me to take a second look at this Hallmark excuse of a romantic day.
All the people that are single are already having a horrible day, to them Valentines day is just another excuse to be really pissed off at everyone else (like my poor, stunningly gorgeous and ridiculously fussy ex-house mate) and the couples who feel the pressure of Valentines Day and feel they need to walk side-by-side, wasting money on roses (what do flowers even symbolise anyway, they only die a week later), saying "I love you darling" to then break up a week later just frustrates me (alas, I am one of those people).
Maybe I'm being too cynical and dark, maybe it is a wonderful celebration of romance.
Actually I've decided I'm being bitter and twisted, people can celebrate today and whatever other day they want, however they want. I'm happy to read my book for the rest of the day.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Ok, So I've been avoiding my blogging site for a while, only because I don't want to sound like I'm complaining the whole time.
So, update time:
- I've moved home (much to my dislike).
- I've lost a close relative recently and reacted quite odd to the whole situation, as if I were, well not indifferent but as if it were a normal occurrence, even though it is... but not in my everyday life.
- My head's not quite right after another very private personal issue I've had to endure.
- I constantly smell like Chlorine because I work nearly every night in a swimming pool teaching little kids to swim.
- I cut my hair off, so now it's short (as you will see from the picture of my friend jade and I).
- My photobooth accidentally got deleted from my mac and I can no longer take quick paranoid pictures of my teeth before I run off to a meeting or work... frustrating!
- Since moving home I forget to take the bins out.
- I like water from a tap, not chilled water (it makes my teeth hurt).
- I got a new phone, but it's hard to use.
So there you have it! The wonderful life of Elyse, up till now...
Tune in the next 5 months to read more!