Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mothers in law...

Ryans mother and I had ... er, well I guess you could call it a clash the other day.
Long story short, we are both different (VERY DIFFERENT) people. She's very argumentative and opinionated. Were as, when I get angry or hurt, I remove myself from the undesired stimulus and sit somewhere quietly most of the time I tend to read. 

I guess I have been rather... well sensitive for the past few weeks (no thanks to the bloody implanon that's cozily implanted in my arm).
 But what she did had nothing to do with me being over sensitive (although she claims that I was being that way). 
Ryan and I were sitting on the couch, watching a movie. I'm in my PJ's, were as Ryan was just in jeans and leaning over. He has a little gut, but it's just polite to not make a big thing about it.

Well, Jenni walks in from her morning walk. Sees Ryan and grabs her Phone to take a picture of him with it. She laughs and says to Ryan, "Hahahaha, this picture is proof as to why you should lose weight."
Ryan and I didn't say anything, we ignored it.
Then she walks over to open a packet of M'n'Ms and says "Ryan, is there something wrong with you? You're not diving for the chocolate."

By then I felt she was just being plain nasty, so as I went to go and have a shower I said to her "Jenni, what you said to Ryan was just plain cruel, you can't just say that." 
Ooh, she didn't like that one bit. "How dare you.. blah blah blah, I can't even be myself in my own house since you came along.. blah blah blah... before you came along I used to talk to Ryan all the time about stuff like that" (Jesus, no wonder to poor boy has no self-esteem and depression.)
Oh well, I'm no longer heading that way anymore. 
 Stay out of the old witches territory. 

Ahh, off my chest.
Geez, you guys a coping it with my anger and ventilation at the moment. 


Thanks for bothering to read this. I'm off to talk with my hands now. 

E

4 comments:

Justthat. said...

Ouch. She sounds lovely...so nice when you get on with the family & they make you feel comfortable around the house ha!

good luck.

sparklegreen said...

Gah, that's a little frustrating. Oh well, I'm sure things will turn around for the better =]

Monikamarieee said...

Ay yi what a biotch. My guy friends would tell you to 'slap the ho' but venting about it is just as well!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe someone could say that, let alone their mum.
Keep on with the venting, helps doesn't it?