Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day

Is it just me or does St. Valentine's Day seem forced to you? Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful excuse to celebrate a new and/or happy relationships. But what about the 'it's... ok/mutual closeness because I'm used to being around you all the time' relationships, these are the forced relationships that cause me to take a second look at this Hallmark excuse of a romantic day.
All the people that are single are already having a horrible day, to them Valentines day is just another excuse to be really pissed off at everyone else (like my poor, stunningly gorgeous and ridiculously fussy ex-house mate) and the couples who feel the pressure of Valentines Day and feel they need to walk side-by-side, wasting money on roses (what do flowers even symbolise anyway, they only die a week later), saying "I love you darling" to then break up a week later just frustrates me (alas, I am one of those people).
Maybe I'm being too cynical and dark, maybe it is a wonderful celebration of romance.
Actually I've decided I'm being bitter and twisted, people can celebrate today and whatever other day they want, however they want. I'm happy to read my book for the rest of the day.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

1 comment:

iurgi said...

"I love you"

"Shut up"

"What?"

"If you mean it tell me tomorrow and every other day, not just when it is commercially enforced that you must tell me you idiot!"

"But I love you and I bought you..."

"You are a sad puppet you know?"

"But..."

"Don't worry I will love you tomorrow too, as I did yesterday, just leave it for a day"