Sunday, August 16, 2009

Candles.


My light has blown, so, naturally I have employed a candle as my new source of light. It's really not very effective. But I feel oh so romantic sitting here alone in my bedroom, posting a blog and wearing an old jumper and socks. Now everyone must try my lovely atmospheric approach to lighting issues. 

Yesterday I went and saw a movie with my neighbour over the road. 
I was amazed at the story behind the film, but I was still utterly freaked out by it. For a PG movie, it really sends uncomfortable shivers up your spine. 
 Oh, in case you haven't guessed it yet, it's a new little fill in piece of Tim Burton's genius! 
Coraline, is a haunting tale of a young girls boring, tedious and unloving life with her hypocritical cold parents. She basically stumbles across a  tiny door that has been hidden behind the wall paper... there lies a world of a loving family and bright colourful land where her existence is a little more appreciated. 
 But then she starts to see the fine cracks. I personally wouldn't even dream of taking my kids to see that movie, I even got nightmares from it. But it was still beautifully done and it's refreshing from all that other disney crap thats on at the moment. 
So I give it 3.5 red wine corks, stars are too boring. 

xX

No comments: