Thursday, April 23, 2009

The joys of meeting Ben Harper & the Relentless 7.

I went to the Byron Bay Blues and Roots Festival the other week, and saw acts such as Ben Harper, Xavier Rudd & Ash Grumwald. 
 I decided to get into the 'festive' mood and I stupidly paid $50 for 4 dread locks. 4! Why?!
 Now my hair is a mattered mess & constantly greasy because of the bee's wax they put in, no matter what I do,  my hair will go back to the exact same state as it was the day before I washed it. Gah!

In other news, Ben Harper & his band caught my plane back to Melbourne to attend some comedy talk show we have here. 
As he walked past me I stuttered, "Thanks for an amazing night, last night."
Which may sound weird to people who have no idea who he is, but I saw him play a very enthusiastic set that evening. Then he turned to me in all his splendor and said, "No, thank you so much for being apart of it!"

And then I melted in my seat.
His band was sitting up just ahead of me & one of them kept looking back at me, so we had fun eye flirting throughout the trip.


Xx

3 comments:

sparklegreen said...

Oh wow, that sounds magical, i'm practically melting too! Eye flirting is a good way to pass the time on a plane.

is said...

awesome!! Im hopefully gonna see him in June at the Hurricane festival. check out the line up its awesome (even eskimo joe is coming!) http://www.hurricane.de/

evanfrederickmacquarrie said...

that sounds amazing.
also, you can get dread unlocking stuff. it's some kind of ridiculously detangling shampoo/conditioner thing, but apparently it gets rid of dreadlocks without having to cut your hair...

i found this link:

http://www.knottyboy.com/shop/product/emergency_dreadlock_removal_kit/